Friday, November 19, 2010

Banana Pudding

I know I have already shared this recipe with some of you, but I feel like more should benefit from this treasure. Mom sent me this a few weeks ago (courtesy of the one and only Paula Dean-so we know it has to be good, right Aly?), and told me I HAD to make it. So I did. It was divine. Not only do I love banana pudding, I love the memories that go with it. We used to always make banana pudding together sophomore year, in the good old Foxwood-remember? Oh how I miss those days...

So instead of our fast/easy banana pudding that we made as starving students-here is something more sophisticated for our grown up lives. Enjoy my darlings!

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

Ingredients:
2 bags Pepperidge Farm Cheesmen Cookies
6-8 bananas sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5 ounce) box instant French Vanilla pudding1
(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipping cream

Directions:
Line bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2 inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping or cream into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. criz i love it when you blog. I am thinking of a reason to make this. thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete