Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...

By far, my favorite season is Summer. I love the warmth, the playful atmosphere, and spending time outdoors with friends.

However, I always look forward to the fall. You know that exciting feeling you get before you are about to start school, meet new people, learn more about the world and yourself? I have been getting that feeling lately as August comes to an end. But I have to constantly remind myself that this fall will be a bit different. I will not be buying school supplies, books, taking classes, and all that is included in a normal September. No, instead I will be continuing to work at Provo Craft, doing what I absolutely love. I have a diploma. I have experience college-although that concept in itself is still hard to comprehend. I envy my friends who are still in school, and wonder if I would actually feel that way if I were starting a new semester in a few weeks. But college cannot, and definitely should not, last forever.

I am reminded of the famous line from my all-time favorite movie, You've Got Mail: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." Oh how I want to buy school supplies. And have a man send me a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils. Even though I am not starting school, I might just have to go buy school supplies. And use them at the office. That could help. If any of you would like to go shopping for school supplies (or in my case, office supplies), I would greatly enjoy your company.

Have a lovely day. And buy yourself some pencils. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment