Friday, August 27, 2010

Perspective...

Wow. I think this is such a good reminder of how blessed we truly are. We get so caught up in what people have around us, and constantly have the mentality that we need more. But if we only realized that we already have WAY more than 75% of the world, we would be less eager to go out and buy that new pair of shoes, new car, or condo on the beach.

I know that no one has the perfect life, where everything works out exactly the way they want. We all will experience our own trials, helping us to grow. I have had a lot to think about lately, and it seems like every time something goes wrong, I try to think of what I am supposed to learn from the experience. This has helped me to gain perspective. I am currently studying D&C, and recently re-read one of my favorite scriptures, Section 122:7 "And if thou shouldst be cast into the a pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." In every trial, the Lord is preparing us to be stronger so that we can face what is ahead. He will never give us anything that we cannot handle. And He will be there to lift us if we just ask.

Not only are we blessed to have food, clothes, a place to live, and the best friends in the whole wide world, we also have the gospel in our lives. I hope that we all make the best of each day, and are thankful for the trials that make us stronger. How I went from coats and football to this post, I am not sure. But it has just been on my mind. Thank you for being in my life, and have a lovely end of the summer weekend my friends. I just love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment