Friday, August 20, 2010

The Taste of Summer

I love watermelon. It may or may not be one of my favorite fruits. Why, you might wonder? Well, it just reminds me of all things summer. Whenever we go to the beach, we bring watermelon. When you have a BBQ on the 4th of July, there is watermelon. When you go to a pool party, watermelon is sure to make an appearance. You get what I am saying. To me, watermelon is the taste of summer.

Here are some of the things that remind me of summer more than anything else:
  • Corn on the cob
  • Pool parties
  • Bonfires
  • BBQ's
  • Sunscreen
  • The lake
  • Camping
  • Cherries
  • Sun glasses
  • The park
  • Tennis
  • Night games
  • Movies in the park
  • Bike rides
  • Hiking
  • Popsicles
  • Otter pops
  • Flip flops
  • Water balloon fights
  • Volleyball
  • Road trips
  • Disneyland
  • Baseball

There are so many more things. But sometimes it is best to keep a list shorter rather than longer. So, you're welcome. I am not looking forward to the warmth of the sun leaving me soon. But I know that it always comes back, which is really very kind.

So what are some things that remind you of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment